Author: Jonathan R. Hart, P.E.
Install medical gas and vacuum systems correctly, troubleshoot problems, answer questions, and train to the latest NFPA 99 requirements using the 2018 edition of the Medical Gas and Vacuum Systems Handbook.
Now with improved features that help you quickly identify criteria and implement the 2018 edition of NFPA 99: Health Care Facilities Code, the expanded Medical Gas and Vacuum Systems Handbook gives installers, designers, inspectors, and verifiers a targeted tool for specialized knowledge about gas, air compressor, and vacuum systems Category 1 through 3.
Error-free medical gas and vacuum system installation and maintenance are vital to patient care and facility safety.
This unique NFPA® Handbook combines all the latest medical gas and vacuum system rules plus valuable expert insights, explanations, and full-color visuals. You'll gain a better understanding of the requirements for electrical systems, gas and vacuum systems, mechanical systems, medical equipment, and health care emergency management, along with security and patient safety based on risk.
It's the only comprehensive resource for:
- Chapters 1-5 from the 2018 edition of NFPA 99: Health Care Facilities Code, plus new Chapter 15 dedicated to gas and vacuum systems for dental applications, Annex A with Code references, and Annex B with explanatory notes
- Commentary explaining the rules' intent and practical application. Insights from a Code expert help you install systems correctly and also train to the latest edition of Chapter 5 for ASSE certification.
- 110 full-color photos, tables, and charts that clarify concepts
- A new feature with specific procedures for conducting installation and verification of medical gas systems, including suggested procedures for each of the six installation tests
- A supplement highlighting key changes from the 2015 to the 2018 edition of NFPA 99 -- such Category 3 systems removed from Chapter 5 of the Code, new permitted material for medical gas and vacuum systems, and new requirements that now allow for the use of oxygen concentrators as central supply sources for piped medical gas systems
- Other supplements include Qualifications for Personnel Performing Medical Gas Work and General Brazing Procedures, Cleaning for Oxygen Service and Preparing a Joint for Brazing, and Installation Testing and Documentation.
Get the up-to-date knowledge you need to complete jobs correctly.
Stay informed about major changes in the 2018 edition of NFPA 99 and make sure vital medical gas and vacuum systems won't harm the people they're designed to help. This full-color Handbook is essential for anyone responsible for the safe installation of medical gas systems including plumbers, pipe fitters, system designers, and AHJs. (Spiralbound, 8½" x 11", 408 pp., 2018)