In 1971, the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) published the first edition of Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured and created the backbone of EMS education. Now, the Tenth Edition of this gold standard training program raises the bar even higher with its world-class content and instructional resources that meet the diverse needs of today's educators and students.
Based on the new National EMS Education Standards, the Tenth Edition offers complete coverage of every competency statement with clarity and precision in a concise format that ensures student comprehension and encourages critical thinking. The experienced author team and AAOS medical editors have transformed the Education Standards into a training program that reflects current trends in prehospital medicine and best practices. New cognitive and didactic material is presented, along with new skills and features, to create a robust and innovative training solution for your course that will engage student's minds.
Interactive resources, including online testing and assessment materials, learning management system, and eLearning student resources, allow you the flexibility to build the course that works best for you and your students. The Tenth Edition is the only way to prepare EMT students for the challenges they will face in the field.
Interested in learning more? Visit our Navigate website for:
EMT Premier Package
EMT Preferred Package
EMT Advantage Package, Print Edition
EMT Advantage Package, Digital Edition
Navigate TestPrep: EMT
Navigate Course Manager: Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured
- NEW! New chapter on Patients with Special Challenges and coverage of new topic areas, including Life Span Development, Pathophysiology, & Public Health
- NEW! Expanded progressive case studies - An expanded version of the classic "Orange Book" feature, vital signs tables are now included in each progression, detailed answers to critical-thinking questions are provided, and a complete patient care report reflects the patient in the case, teaching students how to properly document their assessment and management steps
- NEW! Improved assessment and emergency care tables - New format crystallizes key assessment and management steps to ensure that students understand and retain information.
- NEW! Medical terminology appendix
- NEW! Medication formulary - Provides the crucial details that EMTs need to know about the drugs they will carry and help administer
- Comprehensive presentation of patient assessment